In recent years, the Borough has been recognized for several distinguished accomplishments:
- 2019 – ranked 34th safest city in Pennsylvania by BackgroundChecks.org.
- 2018 – named 9th easiest place to sell your home in Pennsylvania, according to a study conducted by SmartAsset based on the health and demand of the housing market.
- 2015 – ranked 7th best place in Pennsylvania to live according to onlyinyourstate.com. (http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/pennsylvania/pa-best-place-living/)
- 2015 – ranked 5th “most heart-warmingly beautiful small town in Pennsylvania” according to onlyinyourstate.com. (https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/pennsylvania/pa-small-towns/ )
- 2015 – ranked 2nd best Pennsylvania community to “get away from it all” according to onlyinyourstate.com. Communities were ranked based on “beautiful small towns in Pennsylvania that will give you a break from the hectic pace of urban life”. (http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/pennsylvania/pa-get-away-from-it-all/)
- 2014 – named 5th safest community in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with a population of over 10,000 by Movoto.com. (https://www.movoto.com/guide/pa/safest-places-in-pennsylvania/)
- 2013 – received the Delaware Valley Green Building Council’s Sustainable Community Award for the implementation of initiatives and policies that promote sustainable living, including the Borough’s LED red light replacement program, energy analysis of properties, storm water and sewer protection initiatives, recycling and compost efforts, and a watershed rehabilitation project at Leibert’s Creek, among others.
- 2013 – named 6th Best Town in Pennsylvania for Young Families according to Nerdwallet.com. Rankings were based on public school performance, affordability, and community growth and prosperity. (https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/studies/best-towns-pennsylvania-young-families/)
- 2013 – awarded the 2013 Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs Newsletter of the Year Award for best municipal newsletter.
- 2008 – named one of the top 10 places to live in Pennsylvania by Catalogs.com.
- 2007 and 2009 – named one of the Top 100 Places to Live in the United States by CNN / Money Magazine on two separate occasions. The Borough ranked 87th in 2007 and 88th in 2009.