28 South 4th Street, Emmaus, PA 18049 | info@borough.emmaus.pa.us.com | (610) 965-9292


emmaus zoning map

This department regulates the use of land and the construction of buildings and other structures.  The other area of responsibility in this department is general code enforcement. 

Please click on the link below to view the Borough’s interactive Zoning map. This map will allow you to zoom into your property and will guide you will allowable uses, zoning setback requirements.

Interactive Zoning Map

REQUIRED PERMITS: For detailed information please call the Borough Code Official’s, Rob Hammond at 610-967-1322 or Bryan Bilheimer at 610-965-9288. 

  • BUILDING PERMITS – Required for pools, new construction and additions, or alterations extending the exterior of existing structures. All plans for construction of new houses and / or commercial structures, as well as, new additions to houses or commercial structures that require a footing, must be approved by the Building Inspector before a building permit will be issued.
    • Inspections will be performed when deemed applicable and at:
    • footing, before pouring
    • foundation
    • drywall
    • electrical
    • mechanical
    • framing
    • insulation and fire seal
    • final, before the issuance of an occupancy permit
  • ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL PERMITS – new construction & repairs. Inspections performed by Barry Isett.
  • PLUMBING PERMITS – new construction & repairs.  Inspections required: rough & final. Registered plumbers only, allowed to perform work in Borough of Emmaus.  They must secure either a Master or Journeyman license from the Borough, renewable each year.
  • ZONING PERMITS  – examples of zoning permits that are required would be for sheds, fences, patios, grading, retaining walls, construction of a new driveway or alteration of an existing driveway, signs, etc.
  • WATER & SEWAGE PERMITS – Required for the installation of a new water service or sewage connection and for the repair or enlargement of an existing system.
  • OCCUPANCY PERMITS – Required when occupying a newly constructed dwelling or business or renting a residential unit or business.

Control storm-water runoff from new construction activities.  Click here to see more information and helpful hints on construction runoff.

Comments are closed.

Thank you for your upload